Inlays and Onlays
Dental Restorations Belmont WA
Dental restorations are the way to save your teeth from developing severe damages that can affect your oral health.
Inlays and onlays aim to replace lost or damaged tooth structures with artificial materials that possess biological, physical, and functional characteristics similar to natural teeth.
Inlays and onlays are required when teeth are weakened and extensively restored.
Onlays also fit inside the tooth but extend to the chewing surface of a back tooth to replace one or more cusps.
Benefits of Inlays and Onlays
The following are the benefits of inlays and onlays:
- Minimal removal of tooth enamel is required
- They last longer than the other procedure like dental fillings
- They do not expand and move around unlike fillings do when exposed to changes in the temperature
- They are more stain-resistant compared to other dental restoration
The Inlay and Onlay Procedure
Getting an inlay and/or onlay for your tooth usually takes two dental appointments.
- Once your Belmont WA dentist has evaluated that you are an ideal candidate for the treatment, the affected tooth is prepared.
- The affected part of the tooth is removed, and the tooth is properly cleaned.
- Your Belmont WA dentist takes an impression of the tooth, which is sent to a dental laboratory for the fabrication of the restoration.
- A temporary restoration is attached in place to cover the tooth while your inlay/onlay is being manufactured.
- During your second appointment, the finished direct composite resin is bonded and fitted into place.
Dental Restorations in Belmont WA
If you have one or more teeth that are worn, damaged, or infected by a cavity, Epsom Dental Care can fix it with custom-made, lifelike dental restorations, like inlays and onlays.
Here at Epsom Dental Care, we pride ourselves with our one visit Crowns, Veneers, Inlays and Onlays. We have the latest CEREC Omnicam which makes these restorations in less than 3 hours! It is hassle-free for our patients, no more temporaries, multiple dental visits and see how we make your tooth in-house!
We are located at 5/132 Epsom Ave in Belmont WA.