Scale and Clean
Scale and Clean Belmont WA
Regular brushing and flossing are not enough to eliminate plaque and tartar. Only a dental scale and clean by your Belmont WA dentist can do that.
During a professional dental clean, the soft and hard plaque deposits and stains that cannot be removed by regular toothbrushing at home are removed.
A scale and clean prevents tooth decay and gum disease and is recommended every 6 months.
Benefits of Scale and Clean
Enjoy brighter and shinier teeth
Over time, calculus can settle on your teeth. A scale and clean procedure can remove all calculus, lifting some surface stains.
Better gum health
Calculus contains bacteria, and removing it through a scale and clean reduces your risk of gum disease.
After a dental scale and clean at our office in Belmont WA, you will notice your mouth feels extra clean and fresh.
Optimum general health
Gum disease has been linked with several health issues, such as diabetes, heart problems and even dementia and certain cancers. A professional dental scale and clean is an effective way to reduce your risk to these problems.
Preventive care is cheaper
Over time, it’s less expensive to prevent dental diseases than treating it and attending regular appointments can reduce your bills.
You might need a scale and clean if you have…
- plaque build-up on your teeth that can’t be removed by daily brushing and flossing
- to take preventive measures to take care of your teeth
- teeth stained from smoking and using tobacco products
- teeth stained from drinking coffee, tea or red wine
- TMJ pain
Professional Scale and Clean Procedure
At Epsom Dental Care, you will get a custom scale and clean that is usually done within an hour.
The procedure includes the following:
- Before starting the scale and clean, your Belmont WA dentist will complete a quick dental check-up to ensure that you don’t have any serious dental problems.
- After the dental check-up, an ultrasonic cleaning tool will be used to go through the pockets and areas under the gumline to remove plaque build-up. Note that the cleaning tool can reach and clean all hard-to-reach areas in your mouth.
- Your Belmont WA dentist will clean the upper arch – front and back – then move to the lower arch to complete the process. This method makes sure that no areas are left uncleaned.
- You will also receive a fluoride treatment, a gum check-up together with the scaling and cleaning process.
- You can also choose to receive a root planing so your gums can be reattached to your teeth.
During the root planing procedure, your tooth surfaces will be smoothed by dentists that allow the gum tissue to heal itself and reattach to your teeth.
Your dentist may advise you to undergo a special dental routine to ensure quick healing.
Root planing may require an additional visit to our clinic and need to administer a local anaesthetic to numb the area.
Scale and Clean in Belmont WA
Keep your teeth clean and cavity-free with a professional scale and clean from your Belmont WA dentist at Epsom Dental Care.
Book an appointment today!
We are located at 5/132 Epsom Ave in Belmont WA.