Tooth Fillings Belmont WA
Tooth decay and cavities, if ignored, can cause severe damage to teeth. Tooth fillings are one way to treat them.
Once tooth decay is diagnosed, the diseased portion of the tooth is removed.
The diseased tooth portion that was removed is replaced with a tooth filling to maintain the tooth’s structural integrity.
If we see a tooth decay that needs to be treated, we can talk through all the available options and see if tooth fillings may work for you.
Advantages of Tooth Fillings
Some advantages of tooth fillings include:
- They can be placed in one appointment.
- They bond with the natural teeth, which often allows the tooth preparation to be more conservative compared to amalgam restorations.
- Can be colour-matched to your natural tooth as to copy the look and shade of natural teeth.
The Tooth Filling Procedure
Before any filling procedure, your Belmont WA dentist will talk to you about your options to find out which type of filling would be best suited and how to plan for them.
The decay will then be removed. Once the healthy and strong tooth structure remains, the cavity is disinfected and dried before filling material is placed.
Your Belmont WA dentist will shape and cure the filling to harden it before checking your bite and ensuring it is comfortable.
Preventing Tooth Decay and the Need for Tooth Fillings
Preventive care is key! We recommend the following tips:
- Brush twice a day, ensuring you are spending 2 minutes and cleaning all surfaces of your teeth well.
- Floss daily to remove plaque from between the teeth.
- Regular professional hygiene care. Frequency of these visits is determined on an individual case basis.
- Avoid sugary foods and drinks that increase your risk of developing cavities.
- Use fluoride- or xylitol-containing toothpaste.
- Visit your Belmont WA dentist twice a year.
Tooth Fillings in Belmont WA
Don’t let minor decay lead to damage of your entire tooth. Treat decay immediately with our high-quality tooth fillings for added protection and restoration of your precious teeth.
Whatever the situation is, the best way to determine whether tooth fillings are right for you is to schedule a dental consultation.
We are located at 5/132 Epsom Ave in Belmont WA