Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing from Epsom Dental Care
Brushing and flossing are of paramount importance to oral hygiene.
Although twice-a-year professional dental cleanings remove plaque, tartar, and debris, excellent homecare methods are equally valuable.
Proper brushing and flossing can improve the health of the mouth, make the smile sparkle and prevent serious diseases.
Check out our Top 4 Amazing Benefits of Brushing & Flossing below
#1 Whiter Teeth and Brighter Smile!
Unremoved plaque build-up leads to tartar and stains.
Brushing and flossing remove stubborn plaque before it hardens and becomes tartar.
Doing keeps your smile bright and healthy!
#2 Fresh Breath!
No one loves bad breath!
Bacteria in the mouth can produce an embarrassing and unhealthy odour.
Brushing and flossing help prevent the bacteria that cause halitosis and tooth decay!
#3 Healthy, Firms Gums!
Proper brushing cleans teeth, gums, and where they meet.
Flossing cleans between and under the surfaces of the teeth and gums.
Unhealthy gums can cause periodontal (gum) disease, potentially leading to serious problems for your mouth and body.
#4 Save Money!
Good dental care saves you money.
Having a good oral routine can help prevent problems that will require extra visits to the dentist.
With proper at-home care, you can reduce the cost of dental treatments!
Here is a simple guide to proper brushing:
- Position the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle where the gums and teeth meet.
- Use small circular motions to brush the teeth and gumline.
- Do not scrub or apply excessive pressure when brushing, as this can damage the gums and tooth enamel.
- Brush all surfaces of every tooth, including the cheek-side, tongue-side, and chewing surface. Place emphasis on the surfaces of the back teeth.
- Use gentle back and forth strokes to brush the chewing surfaces.
- Do not forget to brush the tongue to remove fungi, food, and debris.
Here is a simple guide to proper flossing:
- Cut a piece of floss around 18 inches long.
- Wind one end of the floss around the middle finger of one hand and the other end around the middle finger of the other hand until the hands are 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Work the floss between the teeth to the gumline.
- Curve the floss in a U-shape around each tooth and carefully slide it beneath the gumline.
- Carefully move the floss in an up and down motion several times to remove plaque and food debris between teeth.
- Don’t pop the floss in and out between the teeth. This will inflame and cut the gums.
Epsom Dental Care and your Dental Health
When it comes to brushing and flossing your teeth, it’s important to make sure you have not only the proper tools at your disposal but that you have the proper technique down, as well.
Brushing and flossing, as suggested, play a large role in keeping your teeth and gums healthy and helps to prevent a variety of oral health issues from occurring down the road.
If you have any questions about our services, we are happy to answer them and also schedule you an appointment. Contact us today at (08) 9478 2349.
We are located at 5/132 Epsom Ave in Belmont WA.